CONNECT ENERGY SERVICES PTE LTD (“CES”) is a company registered in the Republic of Singapore which provides consultancy and recruitment services to a wide spectrum of clients in different industries, including the provision of crewing personnel in the oil and gas industry.
Here at CES, we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us. CES collects information that identifies you as an individual (“Personal Information”) to provide services to you, our clients and to operate our business.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
- As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your NRIC and Passport number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information and employment information.
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA/GDPR (where the context so permits).
- What information is being collected?
We will only collect information about you for the specific task at hand. In the event that you disagree, you may inform us and we will justify to you, our basis for requiring such information.
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, personal identification number, gender, age, education qualifications and bank account details.
- Who is collecting it?
CES collects your personal information purely for its own internal use. It will not be divulged to third parties unless with your express written or oral consent.
- How is it collected?
Personal information about yourself can be obtained from your Resume, Linkedln Profile and Application Form, including information conveyed over the phone.
We are not required to obtain your consent when collecting or using data that is publicly available. Where the personal data is not publicly available, but is voluntarily made available, for example on a job-search portal for being contacted for prospective job opportunities, you would be deemed to have consented to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data for such purpose.
- Why is it being collected and how will it be used?
Apart from using your personal information to fulfil our contractual relationship with you, it also assists us to customize and create a professional profile for you to interest potential employers and render better service to you. From time to time, job vacancies may arise which we feel that you may be interested in or think that it is a suitable fit for your career progression.However, we will always seek your consent first before forwarding your profile to prospective employers
- Who will it be shared with?
We do not share your personal information with third parties nor do we sell your personal information for any financial gains. We will only disclose your personal information to third parties with your express consent, either verbally or in writing.
(a) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(b) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the services requested by you; or
(c) to third party service providers, agents and other organizations we have engaged to perform subsidiary functions for us.
- Withdrawing Your Consent
The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
- Access To And Correction Of Personal Data
If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA/GDPR).
- Protection of Personal Data
To safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorized third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorized representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Data Protection Officer
Connect Energy Services Pte Ltd
456 Alexandra Road #05-06/07 Fragrance Empire Building, Singapore 119962
Telephone: 62934019 (Office)
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date: 01 September 2019
Last updated: 01 August 2019