Estimating / Cost / Proposal Manager
- Manages and oversees the Estimating department.
- Lead and advice the estimation team members regarding tender documents/ requests for proposals and ensure the team understands the project details and requirements;
- Negotiates with potential clients by analysing and evaluating suppliers’ bids, tenders, proposals or quotations to meet the organization’s standards of price/quality and timing.
- Communicates and negotiates competitive rates with suppliers and sub-contractors in a highly effective manner;
- Execute and reviews engineering documentation such as drawings/specifications/scope of works to fully understand the project requirements for detailed and accurate estimating in a highly effective manner;
- Provides current and competitive industry schedule of rates against the take-offs;
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Monitors the quality and timeliness of materials and goods supplied.
- Provides detailed and accurate quantity and component take-offs against the technical drawings, specifications and scope of work documentation in a timely and highly effective manner;
- Provides timely clarifications for ongoing submission within the tender duration;
- Provides costing data and input into the Proposal formats required by the tender documentation in a timely and highly effective manner;
- Collating and checking tender bids against estimates to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Works highly effectively within the estimating team, reporting to the Bid Manager or Project Manager;
- Coordinates with other discipline estimators and Engineers in a highly effective manner displaying leadership capabilities;
- Acts as a mentor to the estimating team.
- Provides excellent support to team members with regards to estimating and tendering;
- Coordinates highly effectively between other disciplines to close estimating scope gaps.
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Degree in Engineering/Materials Management or any other relevant studies
- Experienced in Construction industry especially in Commercial, Infrastructure, Semicon, Pharma projects
- Experienced in Quantity Surveying/Sourcing/Tender/Proposals
- Preferably with experience in engineering e.g. mechanical or electrical
Duration of employment
1-2 years, renewable contract
Remote work from: Singapore
November 4, 2019